Monday, November 21, 2016

AHA love


Adding AHA's in my skin care has made the biggest impact, I wish I had started using AHA sooner. 
 Alpha hydroxy acids are natural acids derived from fruits such as oranges and lemons. In facial skincare products, the acids are often listed as sugar cane extract, glycolic acid, malic acid, triple fruit acid or lactic acid.





AHA's act as chemical exfoliants, which help to loosen and get rid of the dead skin cells on your skin's surface. The acids are more effective than abrasive exfoliants, such as scrubs and cloths. 

Some benefits are improvement in skin pigmentation, decrease of fine lines and wrinkles, increases absorption of active ingredients in your skincare creams, serums etc. 

Two AHA toners I love are Alpha H Liquid Gold and the recent discovery Cosmel's New cell Intensive Cleansing Lotion (which is made in Croatia). Like I said I love them both but I'm leaning more towards Cosmel. I feel Cosmel's is more gentle despite having 10% AHA. After using Liquid Gold I feel a tightness on my skin and the need to moisturize right away where as when I use Cosmel's toner my skin doesn't feel tight at all.

Another difference between the two is the price. Cosmel's is less expensive in price but the quality in my opinion matches Liquid Golds.


Cosmel 10% AHA ingredients:
Aqua, Lactic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Glycolic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Salicylic Acid, PEG-40, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil, Mentha Piperita Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Dehydroacetic Acid, Linalool, Limonene

Cruelty Free
Handmade
No artificial colours and fragrances
No Parabens
Recycle



Alpha H Liquid Gold (5% AHA) ingredients:
Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin, Hydrolysed Silk, Glycolic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Extract.


Keep in mind when using AHA's to use sunscreen.



xo

Pin It!

0 comments: