Thursday, September 3, 2015

Novalja, PAG

I can't believe school starts next week! It feels like yesterday when I was doing cartwheels on my front lawn (true story) on the last day of school. The summer just zoomed by and I want a redo!

We had an amazing summer vacation with family. I didn't have much internet which I have to admit was awesome. So so good to dis-bloody-connect! I didn't even have my cell phone with me all the time which the only bad thing is I didn't take many photos...sort of kicking myself in the butt now but it is what it is.


We visited a few places and the first was Novalja on the island of Pag.



And we stayed in my uncle's house which was quite emotional for me since it was the first time I had gone back after he passed away. My cousin Harold (his oldest son) and his family were there as well as my aunt (all visiting from Canada). 

That's a photo of me and Harold below. :)





It was about a 15 minute ferry ride from the main land....and it was soooo HOT!








This was our view from one of uncle's balcony's. Novalja was PACKED with tourists....I have never seen this many tourist along the Dalmation coast!








Our favourite beach (we visited a few) was my uncle's favourite beach and I could totally see why. 


It's a private beach with a hotel/restaurant (where we ate DELICIOUS food and way too much of it!!). It's not crowded (because it's private). My uncle was a regular there even had his own table at the restaurant on the terrace and without knowing I sat in 'his seat' ....makes me tear up just thinking about it.


The water is just gorgeous and clear....the bottom sand. My cousin's kids and mine would dig deep holes in the sand and then watch as innocent bystanders walked right into the holes and drop in....so funny!!! No one got hurt! ;)





I took this photo from my cousin's wife's instagram of all of us (she took the photo). 
We miss them so much!




You wouldn't think but spending the whole day on the beach is exhausting! LOL! We would stay until around 6:30 pm and make our way back and then just hang out on the balcony with more good food and drinks...





And the kids huddled together and watched movies! I'm so happy that they got along so well!





The other beach we went to was also amazing but a lot more people.....A LOT! There are swings in the water and a slide!


This photo below takes me back to my past...I grew up with my cousins...they are my childhood and seeing Harolds boys with Mia is like watching an old home video of us as kids. It was magical!




The kids sat in these super oversized chairs and ate yummy pizza and fries. Not to mention the oversized straws! LOL!



All in all we had an amazing time with my cousin and his family and miss them so much!

xo







Pin It!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a lovely memorable time with family. Thanks for sharing. I agree with the unplugging - it is good to do now and then. :)

Fikreta said...

wonderful

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful photos! What a great visit, thanks for sharing these!