Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Window Card Challenge

Hi!

My daughter's godmother (who is my husband's cousin) will be coming over for a visit tomorrow and her birthday is coming up so I decided to make a window card for her and for the Caardvarks challenge. I chose to stamp 'Beautiful' because she is BEAUTIUFL in every way! We first met when I was dating my husband and I knew then that we would be the best of friends. I decided even before I had any kids that if I ever had a girl she would be her godmother because I wanted someone who would be a good role model for my daughter. Long story short.....God blessed me with my daughter Mia and Ivana accepted the role of godmother.

The rose I made myself with fimo and I used My Cute Stamps Spunky Nature's leaf stamp for the leaves that I heat embossed using American Craft's clear embossing powder. The strip of cardstock looks pink but it's more of a peachy colour. The mini brads are from Basic Grey. ColorBox Chalk Ink in dark brown.

Happy Birthday Ivana! I so admire your beauty and strength and it's a blessing to have you in our lives! We love ya!

Have a great day!
Pin It!

14 comments:

Jo said...

Such a wonderful card ... your rose is gorgeous!

sunghee said...

Beautiful card! The rose is very lovely, too. I love how perfectly you die cut the papers. Wow~

Nancy L. said...

What a beautiful card! Love that rose!!

SmilynStef said...

What a lovely window card ... I love that pretty rose.

~Lori Roop said...

Beatiful card! The rose is gorgeous! TFP!

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh: you *MADE* that rose??!?!? holy moly that's amazing!!! (i already loved the card when i thought it was a store-bought flower!!!) WOW!!! ♥

Mary said...

Wow, it's beautiful!

Unknown said...

This is indeed a very beautiful card! Your Fimo rose is stunning!

Jenn Biederman said...

This is beautiful, Jane! I love it!

Pamela Smerker said...

Jane this is absolutely gorgeous, simply clean and so elegant.

Nicole said...

simply classy, beautiful!

Kelly Booth said...

OH my gosh Jane that rose is Fabulous!!! I would love to be able to make some like that!!! WOW!!
You are so good with the Fimo!!!

Lucy Abrams said...

Such a gorgeous card. Simply beautiful.

Jess said...

Gorgeous card! I love that little rose you created, beautiful!