Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Stylish Challenge!

Hi!
Okay first of all I'm so excited that Betsy's having a challenge!! And what great timing! Our best friends are baptising their cutie Klara this weekend and let me tell you.....she may only be (almost) 4 months.......but she's already a girly girl!!!! So I'll be giving this card to my kobasica along with some gold earings..................and I loves me earings!!!! Some would say that I'm obsessed! ;)

I got my inspiration from the Pottery Barn for kids! I love to look at Pottery Barn for inspiration....they have got such beautiful colours and pattern combinations. Just look at these photos!! I'm a nut for polka dots, gingham and floral patterns!! I also had my daughter in mind doing this card.....she's the reason for all the PINK in this card! I use to hate pink but now I LOVE it!


I really love those sheets (the ones with the trees and owls) and because I'm limited (don't have many stamps as I'm still pretty new to all this but I'm building up a pretty nice collection of stamps) so I used My Cute Stamps SPUNKY NATURE to create a similar pattern..............I think I over did it with all the pattern on this card! he he I drew the tree trunks with brown marker.


I love the photo of the bedding........all the different colours and patterns all layered together! That's how I love my beds! The more pillows and blankets the better!! So I added a lot of layers to my card. My daughter (who is 4) insisted that I put the 'pink diamond' on the top corner!

The blue button is my own handmade fimo button. I took this picture in my daughter's room on her dresser that I painted a yummy shade of yellow! Do you see the framed photo of her behind my card........she was 3 months old and if you're wondering what's on her back.....I put butterflies (not real ones ;)) on her!




Okay, now I really really need to go do some cleaning!! Bye!
P.S. forgot to mention that I drew and hand cut the butterflies.
Pin It!

19 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Wow, what a fabulous card for someone who is just starting! But trust me you will have plenty of stamps before you know it!

Daniela Dobson said...

Seriously, I have to go and get those sheets!!!! so Cute! Love your card.

Jane said...

I swear if my husband would let me I'd have the sheets, the bedding, the polka dot pillows even that bird pillow!!!!!!! Too cute!

Suzana said...

Ajme Minga, kartica je prekrasna! Kako lijepe, vesele boje... I love it! Imat će posebno mjesto među Klarinim uspomenama :)

Kelley Eubanks said...

What a fun card! Super cute and girly!

NinaB said...

Wow, this is stunning. I love your butterfly, esp since you drew and handcut it yourself. Don't you just love Betsy's challenge. I hope she does it regularly.

Edna Morrisedie said...

This is really lovely, great response to the challenge Jane... I am sure this card will go down a treat!!

Betsy V said...

You are a girl after my own heart! You made that patterned paper? Holy cow! Love it! Fabulous job....love the photos you chose and you translated it beautifuly into your card! Thanks for playing! :-)

Tracey said...

LOVE your card Jane...I too am a pink and polka dot fan!

Susan said...

I love your card (and your inspiration pics). It's so bright and cheery!

Daniela F. said...

Very, very nice! Love your diy patterned paper and the layered butterfly. Unbelievable that you draw it by yourself - just great!!

Steph Zerbe said...

Amazing! It does look just like your inspiration pics! Love that I have discovered your blog. Thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

Congrats on winning the giveaway!

take a little piece of my art said...

Very pretty card...and that pic of your daughter is precious!!!

Geny said...

Love this card! Congrats on the win!!

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

Wow, Jane lovely card, there is a stampin'Up set that has the exact trees and the owl as stamps! LOL, take a look at their US catalogue! TFS, hugs always!

Scrapping Julie said...

WOW what a fantastic card. your inspiration piece is fan-tabulous!
congrats on winning betsy style challenge!!!!

Jane said...

thanks everyone!

Rose said...

Hi Jane! This card is so pretty too - love LOVE LOVE your style! Anyway, about the Stampin'Up! stuff, send me an email with your email address at rosediehlstamps at yahoo dot com (or go to my blog and click on the contact me email address) and I can give you more info...have a great day!