Friday, June 26, 2009

Hi!

This is my card for the Hero Arts challenge this week which is all about complimentary colours! It's a simple card.......I wasn't planning on making a card because most of my supplies are in boxes....... I will be moving them to our basement where I'll have my own desk and space for all my crafty things! YIPPIE!! No more kitchen table and kitchen counter!! We just need to buy some shelves for storage and we're in business!

Anyways, I used Hero Arts Scallop Border stamp set to make the frame for the flower.... I cut it out (I wanted to heat emboss it but my heat gun is tucked some where inside one of the boxes). Also used Hero Arts Raindrop Background stamp on the purple flower.........I have no idea how and why it stamped that way but I like it! I used ColorBox Chalk inks. The yellow flower button is my handmade fimo button.............I bought some lovely purple fimo today! Speaking of fimo.....I have to say I'm not to happy with the gloss varnish I have been using........even after drying I find it to be sticky........could be that I'm not doing it properly (putting on too much or too little) but I think I'm going to check for some different varnish.

Well, I don't know about the rest of the world but we're having some major thunderstorms.......lots of rain..........good for my garden!;)
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Bye!
Pin It!

3 comments:

Daniela Dobson said...

Beautiful card Jane. I love this color combo and the flower!!!! Love your button, too.
It is hot here, and no rain in sight!!! It was 101 today.

Suzana said...

Simple and beautiful. Love it!
Good luck, Minga!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE this Card Jane...this combo was so hard for me!! We are Having a HOT weekend here....NO LIKEY!!