Thursday, June 11, 2009

Caardvarks!

Hi!
I had this idea in my head for a while but just never had the time to do it..........nothing like a challenge to get you motivated! ;) I don't know if this qualifies for this challenge but I'll give it a go anyways. The challenge is depth perception.
I saved this frame (the glass broke and I can't even remember what was in the frame) having in mind I'd do something with it. So.........I spray painted it white....

.....drew a heart, cut it out and used my pink chalk ink to 'colour it in'. I hand stitched a frame around the heart............all I know is I have to learn how to use a sewing machine!!


(this is my cut out)



I made a bunch of buttons out of fimo in various shades of PINK!........have you all figured out who I had in mind making this for???!!! Yes my daughter! She loves PINK and HEARTS!! I did add a few Making Memories and Basic Grey buttons but most of the buttons are mine.

Here's a project I made (this isn't brand new but I never entered it into any challenges). I made an origami gift box for baby Klara. We went to see her for the first time and I bought some clothes and didn't have any wrapping paper so I decided to make my own gift box.



And here I wrapped up two boxes of chocolate (like the way candy bars are wrapped so they didn't have to unwrap it, just pop out the chocolates from the sides) for my sons preschool teachers just to say thanks for the amazing work they do with the kids.

That's it!
Have a great day!
Pin It!

17 comments:

SmilynStef said...

I am speechless ... I could sit and stare at those buttons all day ... so much variance in thec oolor and texture. Do you put a coating on them to make them shiny, or do they just dry that way? Do you have a tutorial on your blog on how you make your buttons? Love this & I am sure your daughter does too.

lauren bergold said...

OMG!!! your framed button-heart project has stolen *MY* heart!!! absolutely gorgeous and fabulous in every way! (WOW!)

Jolene said...

You MADE the buttons! WAY cool!! ♥

Deborah March said...

Love love LOVE your buttons piece!! Fabulous!! I live in Nova Scotia (in eastern Canada), and was actually in Zagreb several years ago...small world!

Jane said...

Thanks for the lovely comments! Yes I do put on a gloss varnish (Fimo has one of their own) and I find it hides all the little imperfections! ;) And yes I do have a tutorial on my blog.....I'm going to try to figure out a way to put in on the side bar so you don't have to go searching.

Unknown said...

Wow oh wow, do I ever LOVE those buttons! And you made the buttons yourself?!! Fabulous!

Daniela Dobson said...

Awesome creations!! The buttons look fabulous in the heart shape!

Lucy Abrams said...

WOW - simply stunning. LOVE everything about this. And am going to go buy some Fimo this weekend :) As an owner of some of your buttons, I can add that they are amazing. Not an imperfection on them. Now I want some pink ones. :)

Sandra said...

Wow cool project!

Sue McRae said...

Love the button heart! So fun and bright!

Gabriele said...

wow and wow and wow :)
I love this heart... although it is one colour only, there is so much detail in it! And so much to discover. The frame fits perfectly... and I like that you made some "WIP"-fotos... thanks for that!

Greetings from Germany,
Gabriele

MoniqueAnne said...

Wow. I can think of a million family members or friends who would LOVE this as a gift! What great inspiration, and the tutorial is great -- I think that even I could try this! Thanks!

Unknown said...

What a fabulous looking button frame! Great job!

Lotti said...

AWESOME. I love the Button-heart, what a great idea! The other gifts are stunning too!

Nathalia Castellon said...

I love it! The handmade fimo buttons, how it's all layered against the crisp white backdrop. Gorgeousness! :)

Pamela Smerker said...

OH I love all those buttons! I am not sure I could do this myself as I can't stand to part with those little treasures..LOL Thanks for sharing such cute ideas!!

Debbie Stip said...

that button heart is such a great idea! Really gonna try that once!

Love your gift boxes too!
xxDebbie