Monday, April 3, 2017

the best of skincare tag




I watched this video
 by the lovely Ashley (who also created this tag along with Sandra)
 and because I'm kinda LOVE skincare I thought I'd share my best. :)

First question is what's your skin type? 

Well first off I'm 42 years old (I think LOL) and I feel like I have a bit of everything but I think it's combination. In the warmer months my t-zone is a bit more oily. My skin is also dehydrated. My biggest issue is hyperpigmentation.

2. How do you store your skincare products?
I store my creams, oils and serums in this bin (below) in my closet. I believe I read (or heard) Caroline Hirons mention that she keeps her skincare in a dark place. I keep my toners and cleansers in the bathroom.




3. Favorite ingredient?
My favourite ingredient is vitamin C (because of all the amazing benefits) but the whole issue about it being stable in products makes me question how effective it is. AHA's is one that I have to mention. I wish I had started using AHA's earlier...but better late than never.


4. Most indulgent product?
I'm not sure but I think it's the Madara Radiant Oil.



5. Best budget buy?
I would say coconut oil. :)



6. Do you use any tools (Clarisonic, Foreo, etc.)?
Muslin cloths.




7. Best mask?
My best/favourites masks are Ahava's Facial Renewal Peel and Andalou's Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Mask. LOVE them both!



8. Best multi-use?
Again I would say coconut oil and (forgot to photograph it but I will be blogging about it soon) Cosmel's Creamy Poppy Milk.....this product is crazy!! It's a cleanser, moisturizer (face and body), safe for pregnant women. Like I said I will doing a separate blog post on this product.



9. If you had to stick to only one skincare brand, what would it be?
It would have to be Cosmel. I've tried and use many of their products....some are my must haves.


10. Best spot treatment?
La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo.





(two of my favourite oils - Pai and Madara and so far I'm really liking Mad Hippie's vitamin C serum)






11. Favorite step of your skincare routine?
I LOVE cleansing my skin in the evening with a cleansing balm or oil. When I'm tired I use Biobaza's Face Cleansing Micellar Oil. It's a rinse off formula. Easy, quick and it works!

I LOVE Green Girl's Take It Off cleansing balm. My favourite! This balm melts into a gorgeous oil as you massage it onto your skin and it melts all your make up/mascara off and it rinses off too but I always use a muslin cloth with this balm. 



12. What's on your skincare wishlist? 

My list is loooong! LOL! To mention a few....MyChelle, Paula's Choice, Juice Beauty, and 100% Pure to mention a few. :)


xo

Pin It!

0 comments: