Tuesday, September 9, 2014

painting furniture


Hello!

Hope all is well!

First up I want to apologize for the quality of these photos but I used my phone and the lighting in my boys room is not so good. My two boys share a room (it's a great size) but the one down fall is their windows are pretty small and that part of the house doesn't get much natural sun light.

Any how...I bought this when my oldest was a baby and kept it next to his crib (for diapers, wipes, onsies...), now it's filled with comics, books, toys. I've been wanting to paint it for a while and when my husband offered I ran to Bauhaus to get paint! :) I'm not a professional furniture painter but I have painted enough pieces to have learned what works best for me so I thought I'd share. 






This little dresser isn't solid wood so what my husband did was give it a light sanding (took doors and hardware off). We bought this pain (below) that has a primer in it and I believe it's water based. Adrian used a roller (so important)...if you want a smooth finish use a roller (we had painted some furniture in our bathroom with a paint brush and there's no comparison...you can see marks with the paint brush).

We bought Swingcolor in satin mat 2 in 1 and so far we're really happy with the results! Adrian did 3 coats and it's really important to let the paint dry properly in between coats.



My husband brought it up to the attic...










The boys love it! Me too! :)




Pop by the JD blog and check out Ange's fabulous card!
Have a great day!
XO


Pin It!

5 comments:

Susie said...

Love painted furniture. Great job!

Michelle said...

I love it, too! Great colour! Great paint job. :-)

Anonymous said...

This looks amazing.

Dotty Jo said...

What a spectacular transformation! Jo x

Bad Kitty said...

super je crena boja ormariča