Sunday, July 7, 2013

my first video

Hello!

I'm going to start off by apologizing for my first video (and my second..third...). I'm new to this...don't have the patience to figure how to edit. I have no lighting or set up...I was home alone (husband took the kids to a picnic) and figured it's now or never!!!

So for my first video I thought I share how I make my famous handmade buttons...you will now see I have no special molds or high tech tools....

just a lipstick cap
crayola marker cap
toothpick
stamp (Hero Arts)
a metal handle 'thingy' (don't know what it's for but it has texture on it)
Fimo flower mold


Why did I start making buttons??? Well...I started this blog a few years back and living in Croatia scrapbooking materials was impossible to find....even buttons!! Now it's a different story....there's a great selection at our local craft shops and I hope more goodies keep coming! So I went to this store and it was like 4 buttons for $10....no thanks!! That's when I decided to buy some fimo (polymer clay) and make my own.....I have sold sooooooooo many at my Etsy shop...don't have much time now to make and sell but I do add some to the shop every now and then.

Again..sorry...it's not the best video...but you can at least see how I do it! For filming purposes I made the buttons on a work mat but I always make my buttons on foil paper and bake them for around 15 minutes (check the packaging for directions)....once their cooled I like to sand the edges a bit and finish them off with a clear varnish.



If  you'd like to win some of my buttons (and Fimo to make your own) pop on over to my youtube channel and leave me a comment there! :)

xo
Pin It!

9 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

gumbi su zakon! isprobala sam sama ali mi nisu nimalo nalik gumbima ispali. Vama to super ide. samo tao nastavite

Judy1223 said...

Wow, Jane, your video was awesome...way to go! Your buttons are just adorable!

Daniela Dobson said...

Awesome video!!

Miriam Prantner said...

I love the video! Thank you so much for sharing!

Unknown said...

great video Jane! and I had to giggle at all the 'technical jargon' you used for you equipment ...

LauraJane:) said...

How could this be you FIRST video?! It was So well done!
GREAT music ...LOVE that I have all that is needed to give it a try:)

Loly Borda said...

Awesome video! Love your buttons. TFS

Susie said...

I agree! Awesome video. Love your buttons.

Anonymous said...

Great video. Happy to see you don't need expensive equipment to make something so beautiful and useful. Thanks again.