Friday, June 15, 2012

just for you

School is OUT ya'll!!!! :)
ahhh...no more homework!


So what do we do......make pizza! :)


I always make my own pizza dough...not an expert...it's nothing fancy..but it works for me!

1kg flour
about a table spoon of salt (I don't really measure it)
1 packet of dry yeast (I use the Dr. Oetker 7g packets) 
2 cups of warm water (I use my coffee mug to measure)
a splash of milk :)

Add more water if too dry or more flour if too wet.



After taking all your frustrations out on the poor dough let it chill for a bit before giving it a few more shots! :)


This make 3 pizzas. I freeze them...comes in handy on days when you just don't feel like cooking or are short with time...my family loves pizza. My favourite is pizza with tuna (tomatoes, onions and olives).




I made some tags last night (handed out some little gifts for my kids teachers). I used my new Doodle Flowers stamp set. These were so easy to make...and fast!



I bought plain, solid coloured paper bags (cute and cheap) and added the tag with some bakers twine.




My Mr. Owl from my you're a hoot! stamp set makes a perfect tag for a guy! :)


And here they are all in a row! :)


I'll be announcing the winners of our stamp release blog hop giveaways....go here for the details!
Have a great weekend!
xo
Pin It!

7 comments:

Annette Allen said...

How fun for the kids to be on summer vacation...your pizza dough looks amazing...i bet it came out great....love your amazing tags...so fun and colorful...

Michelle said...

Your tags are beautiful, Jane! Really pretty!

I make pizza every Friday night. I make the dough fresh every time. I think I am going to use your tip to make some dough ahead and freeze! Then I will have it ready on those nights I don't feel like kneading. :-) You need to now share a photo of the finished pizza!

Valentina Fussell said...

yay!! I cannot wait for school to be out here too! Your dough looks yummy and your tags are super cute!

Holly Saveur said...

Gorgeous Tags and Happy holidays!

bjmartin said...

Hi Jane - I am spreading some Moxie Fab love since Cath is recovering from shoulder surgery. Love the Doodle Flowers tags - so cheerful! (Pizza dough looks yummy too, lol!)

loulou said...

Love your gorgeous tags. I didn't know you could freeze the uncooked pizza dough. I always either cook the base or the whole pizza then freeze. Thanks for sharing, cheers Linda

~amy~ said...

gasp.
love those sweet tags.
whatta cutie pie boy and I need to come over for dinner at your house:)