Friday, December 11, 2009

for Dora

Hi!
Here's my card for Card Patterns Sketch 44 Challenge. The very talented and thoughtful Nina sent me some stamped images (Gina K Designs). I coloured the bird and branches with Copics and used my glitter gel pen and stickles to add a little shine.






I don't think I'll have much time to do any other challenges this month for several reasons but there's ONE very important reason. My daughter's best friend Dora (from daycare/preschool) and her father were killed in a car accident this past summer. Dora's mother is left with 4 children.....they were all in very bad shape and still have a very long road ahead of them to heal.
Anyways, my daughter's group at daycare/preschool is having a fund raiser for Dora's family to help them out (this is the second time). I was thinking of what else I can do....and I thought why not sell my Christmas cards and tags at the daycare/preschool and donate all the money to Dora's family....anyways..the principal loved the idea and the photo underneath is of the poster announcing the fund raiser and my cards being sold from Dec. 14 to Dec. 18. So lets hope they will sell!! I've got lots of work to do!!!




you could see my name on the right 'mama Jane Beljo'

That's it for now.....thanks for popping by and say a prayer for Dora's family....I pray they will find the strength they need to move on and find comfort in the Lord and each other.
Pin It!

11 comments:

NinaB said...

What heartbreaking news! I will be saying prayers for Dora's mom and siblings. Is there anything I can do to help?

Tracey said...

Jane your card is gorgeous...I am sure you will be in high demand at your card sale...sending warm wishes to Dora's family.

Nancy L. said...

So sad! Wonderful idea for helping them out!!

Chris said...

Wow, very striking! Glad you could play along over at Card Patterns. Thanks so much!

It's such fun to be the sponsor this week and I hope you can visit my blog too where I have a second chance for a prize plus my take on the sketch. :)
http://allamericanstampers.blogspot.com/2009/12/sponsoring-card-patterns.html

Alice said...

you are so sweet and thoughtful to be doing this Jane! this is such a beautiful card! Dora and her family are in my thoughts.... Hope everything goes well for the fundraiser..

Lin said...

Beautiful card, Jane! My heart goes out to that family.....you are doing a good thing donating your wonderful creations to help them.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Such a stunner of a card and how thoughtful to have a fundraiser for the family! Wishing you well and prayers for your DD's friends family, such heartache they must be going through!! I will pray for them Jane!

Holly Young said...

Gorgeous card Jane! I'm so sorry to hear about that poor family. how sad! What a great idea you had to help by selling cards and tags!

whoistracy said...

This is a gorgeous card Jane! The story about your daughter's friend is just heartbreaking. I hope the fundraiser goes well. I'll be thinking of them.

Stamping Cafe said...

Gorgeous card, Jane! Sending lots of hugs and prayers to that family! You are so wonderful to do such nice thing to help them, hugs to you too!!

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for Dora's family!! I cannot even imagine the pain of such an event!! Hugs to you and all involved!!